Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pre-Spain Work

So to kick things off I figured I'd go back in time about a week to a related event.  OK, you caught me, I actually needed to experiment with adding photos with this whole blog technology...always learning.  You see, I minored in Spanish but when you don't have to use those skills (and they were minimal) you tend to lose them.  So I thought to myself "How can I combine my love of food AND learn to speak the Spanish better?"  AH!  I invite over my Spanish speaking friends for an all Spanish/Latin meal and we are allowed to speak in Spanish only!  The menu consisted of white sangria, Andalucian White Gazpacho, Black Bean Citrus Salad, and these little beauties...grilled tofu marinated in Argentinian Style Chimmichurri.  These were good, but I think I need some more tofu cooking practice!  Anyway, it was a fun 3 hours and though I don't have the vocabulary to talk about re-finishing furniture, I think I held up pretty well.  Thanks to my ladies for helping me develop my conversation skills.  I'm going to need them very shortly!



1 comment:

  1. That picture is exquisite and delicious! I cannot wait to cook with you when you get back!

    ReplyDelete